Discrimination is Against the Law
Newport Integrated Behavioral Healthcare, Inc complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Northside Hospital does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Newport Integrated Behavioral Healthcare, Inc:
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters (Request must be made before appointment is confirmed)
- Written information in other formats (Upon Request)
- Provides language services to people whose primary language is not English or who have a limited ability to read, write, speak, or understand English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact Joy Moseri 404-289-8223 ext 231 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that Newport Integrated Behavioral Healthcare, Inc has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with: Joy Moseri, Chief Operating Officer, 1810 Moseri Road, Decatur GA 30032, 404-289-8223 ext 231, email@example.com
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services 200 Independence Avenue, SW Room 509F, HHH Building Washington, D.C. 20201 1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD) Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html